1. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: DM's who want you to Roleplay but can only say "No."

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    At which point you bugger off (or start long term planning for assassinating their characters)
    I wonder how that would've worked. Suffice to say that if you hate them, you'll probably get sick of the game long before your character's strong enough to even think about assassinating them.

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    Though was it that bad, I've played in a game where half the P.C.s were ghouls in service to the other P.C.s Vampires and there is all the difference in the world between 'pay respect to my high position' and 'grovel like a worm'.
    It's a blurry line I guess. What is 'pay respect to my high position' to one person is 'grovel like a worm' to another. There's also the thing that it's an imaginary game, not an actual society, so I set the bar for 'grovel like a worm' to be much lower than RL. Especially when dealing with PCs, who are there for the sole purpose of having fun.

That said, how does your game work to solve that problem? Mutual respect between players would be essential, but how would the system encourage such a thing?
    Last edited by goto124; 2014-12-16 at 11:21 AM.