Quote Originally Posted by Tarkahn View Post
Actually, paladins actually recieve one of the few 10 level PrCs in the book. Let me tell you, the Grey Guard is fun. It may not be the most powerful PrC (I don't know, as I haven't played that much yet), but it essentially fixes the rather shoddy paladin restrictions within the core PHB, allowing paladins to do what is necessary rather than what is right. Also, it incorporates well with what paladins already do and expands on the iconic paladin abilities (smite and lay on hands) by giving those abilities extra uses.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with CS design. It's flexible, contains material that actually is unique and only mentions previously mentioned material in sidebars (so one doesn't have to go looking in multiple books). It gets a 9.5 out of 10.
Actually, both the Grey Guard and the Malconvoker raise some serious alignment issues, and in classic D&D fashion, they do far more to muddy the waters than to clarify anything. FOr me, though, this isn't a complaint - I think trying to work through those issues IC would be an awesome roleplaying experience. I've been kicking around an idea for my next character, a CG Infernal Heritage sorcerer headed for the Malconvoker PrC, for the last couple days...