Quote Originally Posted by (Un)Inspired View Post
Since you didn't specify what the mount is I can only assume that it's a Lillend and I would make out with it.
Ok, hold that thought. Now just to prevent me from ruining your fantasy, stop reading right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereshti View Post
Interesting. What species is the flying mount? Is it intelligent?

The first thing would be to establish rapport with my mount. If you're going to ride a flying steed, you definitely want to be on friendly terms with it. A training scene might be a good way to establish a bond, as well as show off the tactics of aerial cavalry. What sort of tactics would they be? How would the aerial cavalry interact with the rest of the armed forces - are they skirmishers? Scouts? Shock troops? There are so many awesome things you can do with this idea!
I gave the players three options to choose from. A pegasus, a wyvern or a griffon. Now normally - at least according to the RAW - these creatures are not really at the same power level. However, there is nothing a bit of tweaking can't help. I gave each mount a little something to stand out for the players so I think each one has its charms as it is right now.
The mounts have all been trained to serve. They are part of an imperial order of knights, so they won't be trying to bite their riders' head off, unless they are being mind controlled or killed and then resurrected as zombies. In later parts of the campaign I might introduce newer, more exotic mounts. (No, not a lillend)

And there is a griffon - wyvern rivalry? Maybe I should throw that in as a little healthy strive between order members who ride wyverns and the ones who plow through the sky upon a griffon.

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
Flying parade! Bow to me and my fabulous mount, you earthbound peasants! Bow down, I say! ...I'd probably also need to buy some really impressive barding as well. And I need a groomer, I have knightly things to do.
Offcourse the order has its own Q department, always developing new armor and tools to make the mounts more awesome. That is offcourse until the order is outlawed for murdering the emperor and the characters have to flee.