1. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Character building and discussions about this

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    That's the twist. I actually like those people with their quirks and mannerisms but I CAN'T ****ING STAND THEIR SQUABBLING. We have an online forum and as useful it is to look up info, as terrible is it for discussing important things. I know this discussion ends nowhere and we will revert to the usual style of play. But this will pull other inevitable discussions while playing:
    You like their quirks or you don't? People debate things. As a GM, I grew to accept the debates as part of the hobby.

2 Players are adamant about keeping within rules 100% of the time. So if rules prohibit you from an action the DM is clearly okay with, would be a natural reaction and could be seen in any action movie (like throwing yourself in the line of fire), this starts a 5 minute discussion interrupting game flow, immersion and everything fun about roleplaying.
    Your GM is the problem. If all players want 100% RAW and the GM doesn't, his rulings will cause situations. He needs to get on board with the players. Simple.

2 Players, the DM and me are pretty lenient about rules and use whatever fits the scene. We couldn't care less (although it hurts me a tad bit if the DM has to bend the rules to avoid my character's death).
    So now players are lenient about the rules? Which is it: 100% rules or pretty lenient? That's a conflict in your thread.

I am close to leaving the table for the night if they start fighting over rules for another time but at the same time I feel like that is a bit too much and an immature response.
    Switch to Degenesis. It has less rules to argue about. 3.75 (Pathfinder) has so many rules, unless you have group consensus on play, you can argue them forever. It's why I refuse to run that version of D&D.
    Last edited by dream; 2015-02-01 at 10:59 AM.
    Wrath of the Righteous! (Alpha)
    Wrath of the Righteous! (Bravo)
    Emerald City Nightmare!
    The Blood Answers
    Emerald City ICONS
    Seven of Spades
    All my games are on hiatus. I need to (per my editor) take some time for my book. I will return - hopefully in 2-4 weeks.