1. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Book-Learnin' - Extended Knowledge Rules (PEACH)

My rationale was that while, yes, it's a +2 to 10 skills (maybe even more, depending on sourcebooks) rather than the customary 2 skills, those are 10 tightly close-together skills whose application is largely restricted to similar situations. So the area of usefulness they cover is certainly a lot less broad than 10 other, random skills. Whether they effectively cover a much broader area than 2 unrelated skills is another thing... but then again, I figured, it's probably not common to have a single character be tightly focused in that many different Knowledge skills. Eh, I wasn't that sure about it, so I'd like to hear some more opinions on the matter...

edit: one thing I was considering was having the +2 bonus only go toward trained Knowledge skills. That way, characters with this feat still get something (other than the bonus from the ranks, of course) out of being trained in the relevant skill. Or - just thought about it now - maybe go the opposite way: rename this feat "Generalist" or something and capitalize on the idea of being good at untrained Knowledge skills: get +2 to untrained Knowledge skills, +1 to trained ones.
    Last edited by SirKazum; 2015-02-16 at 10:32 PM.