View Single Post

Thread: The Sliver of Power IC

1. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Sliver of Power IC

Inns like these are a dime a dozen in this part of Orzia, and yet, at the same time, worth their weight in gold. Those were at least the thoughts coming off a certain colourfully dressed Elf in a... Rather loud hat, all things considered. He sat pleasantly, with a cleaned plate of mutton and about five empty mugs of ale in front of him, and currently downing a sixth, in the corner booth of the inn's main floor, which was primarily dominated by a bar and restaurant area, as all good inns are. Across from him, sitting quietly with the hood of a cloak over her head and a barely-touched mug of her own in front of her, was a much less conspicuous looking Elven girl, who seemed rather anxious about the whole affair. The boisterously dressed elf speaks, his voice deep and cheerful and surprisingly sober, given the amount of alcohol that would appear to be in his system:
    "Oh come on Vivian, *burp* lighten up! You left home to experience the world right? Well you can't very well do that from underneath a cloak day-in and day-out. You've got to get out there, live a little! Do you want to know why I brought you here?" He asks, raising one of his pitch black eyebrows half-mockingly above his strange, greenish-purple eyes. "I brought you here because an inn almost always equals adventure. I think I can count on one hand the amount of times some epic quest wasn't brought forth to my attention whilst I sat in the bar of an inn. And, with any luck, something will come up while we're staying here that will really be worth our while! Whattaya say? Excited yet? The young Elf asks, slamming his tankard on the table and waving down the nearest barmaid to ask for another.
    Last edited by Capt. Infinity; 2015-02-18 at 11:07 PM.