View Single Post

Thread: Thunder Lizards and the Curse of Command

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Thunder Lizards and the Curse of Command

So I'm planning out a campaign that involves Thunder Lizards; thunder lizards are dinosaurs with electric powers. This post has nothing to do with thunder lizards unfortunately, it's just because the host of the campaign frequents this forum as well and thunder lizards should scare him off.

Basically the villain's evil plot involves a custom spell I made: Curse of Command. Afflicts anyone who hears it (and fails the save). If you're afflicted by this curse, the caster gives you a list of things you can't do. If you do them (or sometimes if you try to), you die. These must be specific actions and only prohibits you from doing things, it does not force you to do anything. So for example, "don't get the curse removed" wouldn't really work (maybe prevent you from casting remove curse on yourself) but "don't cast remove curse on people" does work.

Anyways enough with the preamble, basically I want the evil villain to try and use this curse to set up a set of laws the whole world (well continent, the existence of other continents on this world isn't planned but it isn't off the table.) So I'm trying to figure out a good way to give him the ability to talk to everyone on the continent and a good way for him basically make it work on everyone no save. Assume the continent is roughly the size of, I dunno, Australia.

As for the curse giving someone multiple commands, I'm think that when you cast the spell you can give as many rules as you want. One or two rules a round. If you stop talking for whatever reason (say you're done cursing or someone punches you in the jaw and breaks it) you're done cursing. Rules uttered in previous rounds stick.

If anyone wants to help out with how exactly this should work (as I dunno a 5th level spell I'm thinking) that would be great, but the main hurdle I have is figuring out how the villain plans on affecting the whole continent with it.

EDIT: This is for 3.5/Pathfinder.
    Last edited by squab; 2015-03-09 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Adding what game/edition this is