Ishani Dhatri nods in approval as he comes up the stairs, having heard the proper incantations from the scroll. "Well done, Delta. She is weak and still in danger simply because her system is susceptible to other things. I can come by from time to time, but sadly I cannot stay as long as you might. I leave it to your mercy if you will maintain a vigil, though I should like to assume you will. You have done a great service to this child and family, and may Abadar bless you for this."

By now, the rest of the Epsilon Elite come upstairs. Once they get up there and Dhatri thanks each of them for coming to help, that is when Paxre's odd position, card shuffling, and then invocation is really noticed. (For all of his strange nature, maybe it's his size but he is extremely easy to overlook.) It is a Harrow deck - a deck that is a quality type of playing card deck, though the better varieties are actually used for fortune-telling. Hand-painted images decorate the Harrow deck, the frames gilt in silver so that under any lighting they might sparkle and flash. Despite the worn condition of the card backs, the images on the faces are so vibrant they seem to move when viewed out of the corner of the eye. The deck itself seems to handle with surprising ease in Paxre's hands, almost shuffling itself. Finally, in a rounded table-shuffle he lays the Harrow deck face up in a semi-circle in front of him.

A vision forms, almost coming from the deck itself. It is that of an attractive, middle-aged Varisian with long hair tied back in a pony-tail and held under a colorful bandana with typical Varisian designs.
Spoiler: Vellara
Show

She seems real enough. "Go ahead, warpriest Gamma and any other spellcasters. I am an illusion cast forth by my sentient spirit in what were my Harrow cards, and through avenging my death and saving my daughter Paxre has earned as his own. Cast detect magic or detect undead or detect evil. I am the first, but not the second two. As I lived by the deck, my spirit is tied to the deck. I am no oracle to brook foolish questions that your own diligence cannot determine, but what the cards can tell.

"I have a purpose, to defend and protect the city that was my home in life and death. I know not how, but friendly spirits have given me the sense that there is great death coming, and that you seven heroes will need to protect and defend Korvosa as I can no longer do directly. Come, draw a card and receive a blessing of fate, but ask no more questions of me."