Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
I agree that gymnastics scene was pretty weird. It goes against the characterization of several of the characters (including Haley herself giggling about her top falling off) but yeah, it's a really old strip and there isn't much that can be done about it now.

And I saw the joke less about "those guys are acting immature" and more about "they're all lusting after her and she doesn't even notice!" which isn't that funny to me because it's representative of some very dark real-world issues, but when I first read it, I just skipped to the next comic and didn't worry about it more. I think it's a good comparison though to show how far the comic has come.
^^^yes

And now I see people arguing /against/ my point by citing examples that Haley is pants-crappingly awesome despite her class.

Let's rewind a bit to the argument that started this for me: people were explaining that Haley CANNOT beat this encounter alone because her class is just not suited for this, and her teammates interfering would be not just acceptable, but in fact necessary.

Apparently, for them, all the examples provided above that Haley is pants-crappingly awesome were not enough to be convinced that she could pull off a badass hero moment on her own.

Before that, I never complained that Haley didn't get her own badass moments. It never crossed my mind. However, when the strip started building up to one, and people came out of woodwork with arguments that she can't get one?
Yeah, that made me think.