Thread: Final Fantasy Games

1. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Games

In my opinion:

I: Never played
    II: Never played
    III (in Japan): never played

IV: Pretty good. Of course, the graphics and all are dated, but the game is still good. Plus, Cid with a beard is funny, and Kain is just badass.

V: In my opinion, not that good. I think they made a fundamental mistake when they named the main character Butz (of course, I renamed him Crono).

VI: Probably one the best Final Fantasy games EVER. This game is simply amazing—great storyline, great characters (except for Umaro and Gogo, and maybe Gau, I mean, WTF?), great gameplay. It's not 3D, but it very well might be the best FF game.

VII: Good. The first FF game in 3d, although the graphics still aren't great. It has a good storyline...when I can figure it out. I like this game, but the storyline is a little complicated for Dumb Ole Sneak.

VIII: I really liked this game (despite Squall's godawful personality). The card game also was a nice touch. I didn't really like the characters so much, but I still liked the game, I don't know why. One of the only bad things about it is that the battle system (drawing) is so freaking annoying! I HATE DRAWING! GRAAGH!

IX: In my opinion, this might be the best FF. I personally like it more than VI, although they're both amazing. IX is just so much funnier in places—the part with the love letter, Quina...I just love it. Yes, Zidane and Garnet can be annoying, but then Rusty/Steiner comes in and makes up for it.

X: This game was pretty good. It had amazing graphics and an ok storyline, plus watching Kimahri try to smile was hilarious, but Tidus and Yuna got a little annoying sometimes. It seems like the female leads from VIII — X are all the same annoying character. EDIT: And yes, blitzball was fun.

XI: Not a real FF, never played.

X-2: GODAWFUL. That is all I have to say about it. Playing dress up games with armed girls is not exactly my idea of fun.

XII: Good, but the main character is annoying in this one too, and Penelo and Ashe are also annoying to me. I also dislike Fran. However, Baltheir makes up for it with his predictable one liners. That game desperately needed a comic relief character, really.

And as for all the offshoots, like Final Fantasy Mystic Quest...yeah, um, let's just not even mention those.
    Last edited by Sneak; 2007-01-29 at 07:43 AM.