Quote Originally Posted by JustIgnoreMe View Post
The top one with the band of orcs could be Empire, a British LARP that's really gone in for high quality kit, especially for their monsters.

The bottom one I've no idea, but Mark Cordory is an amazing special effects LARP guy.
Darn, I was hoping that it would be at least semi-local. Still, glad to see there are still some groups out there really trying to keep the LARP scene alive. I looked at Cordory's stuff and I'm quite impressed!

It's a shame that my local group, IFGS, has pretty much died out on account that they couldn't adapt the system to the new generation, and so people didn't think it was worth it to write games anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Evil DM View Post
Get the flash a Segway and remove the speed limiters.
I'm not sure I've ever seen a LARP that allows vehicles in the field, but then again, all my local LARPs rent out campsites up in the mountains for space. Segways do not work very well in mud and on rocks, and that sounds like a good way to get someone hurt.

I guess they could also pull it off with the 'evasion' technique, in which a player carries a certain colored flag which indicates that they are moving at super speed and are immune to damage for a certain length of time.