Quote Originally Posted by TheOneHawk View Post
I need to look into this. That sounds wicked cool, if very high level to pull off.
You can do this one as early as 10 so it's not that high really. And you can use your natural weapons in a full-attack before that, "pouncing" with things like Force Hook Charge at 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
I'm guessing he is talking about the swashbucker's deed, getting level to damage is awesome.
Ah, I see now. Indeed, that's a good combo. It does however require using up two arcana and the most DR/hardness-resistant damage type.

The way I see it, Spellblade can be useful on a Magus that needs to be more of a utility caster for the group, say in a T3-or-lower-only game. They have fewer spell slots to spellstrike with because they have to prepare some measure of utility spells too, and they need arcana that boost their utility like Spell Blending and Familiar. So being able to get the most bang for their spell slot buck would be vital - buffing and full-attacking with "TWF" while still being able to cast spells as needed.

I fully agree that the base magus is stronger, but Spellblade can be optimized decently if you know what you're doing.