View Single Post

Thread: World of Warships: General Quarters!

1. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warships: General Quarters!

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    As for the game itself, I just got a Tier 2 ship and so far it seems almost the same as World of Tanks, just with less cover, more mobile battles, and different firing arcs.
    Depends on your playstyle. I see plenty of people playing as if it was world of tanks, ie stationary behind 'cover', bombarding stuff.

My experiences:

Unless you do the equivalent of suicide scouting into a bunch of torpedo armed destroyers, the slow rate of gameplay gives you more time to think, at least at the lower levels.

One important difference is your attack range and leading your target - I've tracked a target then fired while he was out of range, only for him to move into my shots as he wasn't paying attention. Depending on the height of the terrain and your angle, you can also fire over cover.

Since you can also make a good attempt at evading long range fire, with careful piloting, you can avoid all their shots while landing your own - I've beaten another cruiser while he was chasing me through slewing my ship at odd angles so I could avoid his incoming fire while getting the odd broadside off, while he was limited to just his front arc gun.

I've only just run into ships with torpedos and they change the general gameplay noticeably - I can only imagine what aircraft will add to the mix.

Another important difference is the ability to set waypoints through the map - you can set your ship to navigate through island channels automatically while you concentrate on landing shots or scouting. I've seen an gameplay video where somebody did this with their aircraft carrier so they never remained stationary but didn't have to bother with avoiding obstacles while scouting/attacking other ships.

The free consumables are vital as fires and flooding will not stop dealing damage until your ship is destroyed as far as I can tell - I once lost ~5,000 hp from a pair of fires before my damage control crews came off cool down and stopped it at 628hp out of 17,300 (now that was nerve racking).
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2015-07-05 at 08:10 AM.