Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
Paladin of Kelemvor, which means a Forgotten Realms campaign, yes?

This might be your solution.

If I recall correctly, and it may have changed since then, under 3rd Edition rules and earlier skeletons, zombies, and other mindless undead in the Forgotten Realms setting are neutral, as they are animated bodies i.e. the equivalent of animated objects, where the "object" is a body; there are no souls trapped in the corpses.

Technically a necromancer is still desecrating a body by animating it (a non-Good act), but talk it over with the Paladin's player and see if you can come to an agreement that provided your character sticks to mindless undead only, they might have some leeway in-character.
Unfortunately, its part of Kelemvor's creed that Undead are very Bad and Must be destroyed on sight no matter their size, shape, appearance, or alignment. The only exceptions would be the voluntary forms of undead like elven baelnorns or guardian spirits, and the chances of animating those every time are rather slim.

So yes, I would ask the paladin player why he thought it was a good idea to play an undead-hater in a party that already had a necromancer in it. There is a very good chance that if/when it comes down to it, you will get the rest of the party on your side and he will be the one to change character.