Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
Unfortunately, its part of Kelemvor's creed that Undead are very Bad and Must be destroyed on sight no matter their size, shape, appearance, or alignment. The only exceptions would be the voluntary forms of undead like elven baelnorns or guardian spirits, and the chances of animating those every time are rather slim.

So yes, I would ask the paladin player why he thought it was a good idea to play an undead-hater in a party that already had a necromancer in it. There is a very good chance that if/when it comes down to it, you will get the rest of the party on your side and he will be the one to change character.
agreed. Playing a paladin in a party with a zombie animating necromancer migth work but a follower of Kelemvor propably not.

If you rely solely on necromancy-spells that don't create undead and are not evil it could, but wheres the point in playing a necromancer without having undead minions?

If he retcons his paladin to another god it is still difficult but can be made. First option is the lawful stupid Paladin and your creations provide a distraction for him ("Look there, undead! Destroy them while we ask this captured enemy some questions!") but this doesn't sound like a fun char for the PAL-player.

I'm intending to play a LN necromancer in a party with a good cleric soon and I'm picturing him to be an expy of NRA-lobbyists ("Undeads aren't unholy, the people who command them to do evil things are! We don't need fewer undead, we need more to provide protection of the innocent!"). But depending on which side of the Atlantic you live on this might offend other players