1. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Need help roleplaying a CN Necromancer in a party with a LG undead hating Paladin

Time to start maximizing that bluff.

"These aren't dead guys... They're just uh... Sick..."

Oh or you can start casting illusion on all of your guys to make them seem real. Maybe you can just conveniently turn invisible while the Paladin isn't looking so he doesn't know you're the one raising all these dead guys. You're a wizard, this paladin guy aint got nutin' on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    There are no solutions in game.

this is not a roleplaying problem, this is a player communication problem. attempting to solve this in game will just end with the paladin trying to investigate where all the undead are coming from, this will eventually lead to him finding out about your character making undead then trying to kill him. or cause something similarly bad to happen, and either the paladins or your fun will be ruined. talk it over with him now to come up with a compromise or solution, or deal with the inevitable mess that will result.
    LOL NO.

He should talk to the DM about how to keep his rolls and such a secret from the player playing the paladin, so there's a minimized chance of metagaming going on. That's what I'd be worrying about, the paladin being metagamed into finding these undead. I highly doubt some idiot paladin is going to be able to find out where all these undead are coming from if the Wizard plays his cards right. And since he is a wizard, he has so many tools at his disposal for this it's not even funny.

Should I even start with the huge list of magical items that would leave the party's paladin confused and bewildered?

---

Oh and if it comes down to it, he's LG, you're CN. You can kill him, but he can't kill you without falling. There, now you can raise him as a leader of your undead army.
    Last edited by Sacrieur; 2015-07-17 at 06:52 AM.
    [PF] HP Calculator - Fractional HP, now without math!
    [PF] Initiator NPC Templates - Quickly applied maneuvers for DMs.
    [PF] Initiator Balance Rule - A lightweight fix to balance casting and martial classes.