Quote Originally Posted by AxeAlex View Post
You want in-characters solutions? Come clean with the paladin, and reach a compromise. You guys simply have to be humble in your interpretation of your characters and there should be no problem.

"Look my friend, I have something horrible to tell you, I hope you will be able to forgive me for hiding it to you for so long...."

"...But you see, the undead saved my life once, and I understand that I'm doing something wrong, but that is one of my best tools as a wizard to help innocent, still living people..."

"...And when we have saved the world, I will follow you, let you take me in, and I will allow you to judge me in front of Kelemvor. When this moment comes, I hope my actions can win Kelemvor's forgiveness"
That's a great RP solution. I'd break the ice slowly to figure out just how zealous the paladin is regarding undead though, because once your necromancer puts that information out there, he can't take it back. Maybe broach the subject as a hypothetical to see what kind of reaction can be expected.

If worse comes to worst and your necromancer tells the paladin outright like this, and the paladin freaks out, pretend you were just kidding or that you'll never do it again. Then you can implement the other strategies in this thread, since they mostly involve ways to prevent the paladin from getting a chance to kill the undead in the first place