Thanks for the feedback Ninja :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
I think Force Arrows is too strong. It gives you the same number of attacks as a fighter - on a character that already has excellent half-casting abilities. It makes the eldritch knight completely redundant.
Well, this feature is basically a direct copy of Eldritch Blast with Agonising blast invocation. I hear what you're saying about it having the same number of attacks, but it is essentially just giving one cantrip with one invocation as a whole feature. I don't know about "completely" redundant, as I've tried to word this that all features are only usable using a bow, and in my opinion the Eldritch Knight is biased towards melee.
I changed its stat to use Wisdom instead of Dexterity so it is definitely caster based and on point buy scores should reduce some damage output. I originally had it as a spell attack, but that meant that it could not use Sharp Shooter feat or Hunter's mark as they specifically state 'Weapon attack'. Would changing it back to a spell attack help in your opinion? I really want to keep this feature due to the look of "conjuring the arrows" (as well as hoping to alleviate the whole "running out of ammo" thing), so for a fix, and taking into account what I've just said, what would you recommend?

Of the 'capstone' options, I much prefer the second one. Giving people a limited number of options is more easily balanced and fits the 5e ethos better. As an aside, I'd like to see a fireball option added to the list, purely because it would be cool.
I think I like the 2nd one best too, makes it different to Eldritch knight. Honestly the reason I had the first option is so you could do a fireball thing, so might just do what you suggest and make one of those listed a fireball one.

Also, everything this archetype gets, including the spell list, is entirely focused on offense. It would be nice if there was something with more peaceful uses in there.
Intentionally that way, trying not to step on Wizard toes in terms of broad utility and flexibility (plus the original PrC seemed aimed at aiding damaging spells to be put into arrow attacks and didn't have any defensive features). Eldritch Knight isn't much better in terms of only damage stuff (I did try and put some defensive and utility spells in there, mage armor, shield, misty step, fly, mirror image, Rary's telepathic bond etc) but I see what you are saying. I was actually trying to allow the spells selection to be the difference in terms of defensive options for the subclass by spell selection. With eight spells per level one could skip damage spells at almost every level when choosing their arcane spells. If you could suggest any others that might replace some that would make it more "peaceful" that would be good. I was looking at them and thinking of the Hunter as reference knowing it has defensive features in there but I was just trying to fit in what I had in my head and what's on the original PrC. Any suggestions?

Honestly, I think this would work better as a prestige class (like the ones many people have been brewing up for 5e recently) with the prerequisites "ability to cast at least one spell" and "proficiency with longbows and/or short bows".
Yeh, I'm all about the subclass at the moment to make it fit within the existing structure of the game, helps me be closer to what "is" so it is easier to balance (For me at least )

Thank you again for feedback and if you have any suggestions of alternatives please post. Cheers.