Quote Originally Posted by Gr7mm Bobb View Post
I like the suggestion to bump the dice size up one. But I would key it off of the weapon being used, but also allow it to be a weapon attack that benefits from the Attack action, and thus limited to 2 attacks.
- Infinite ammo, cool
- Force Damage, sweet
- Reconstructing EB/AB, ehh . . . no

My main issue with that is something that was a similar to one of my complaints about 4e. You are just handing this class the same tool as the Warlock but changing the color of the laser this gun fires. Both do the same damage, but with a different flair.
Yeh I am thinking you both are right about it's power. I really wanted to give it that edge of being on par with a full caster (Even if it is just a cantrip) but yeh in terms of it being the best damage at-will in the game, and its not great as just a different coloured laser lol. Will edit soon.

When they get force arrows, have it bump the dice of the ranged weapon they are wielding by 1 size to start and 2 sizes by 17th level. Is there a particular problem with this subtype using different forms of ranged weapons? I can definitely imagine this archetype potentially making a nice thrown weapon class as well.
I like the bumping up of damage die (the Idea from ninja prawn too), but I still like the idea of one possible extra shot (to give it a somewhat hunter feel of an extra attack for horde breaker or its volley) so maybe just do the whole free ammo, is force damage and uses normal weapon damage and allows one extra attack as a bonus action, with it stacking with enhance arrow at 17th level? What say you? I would much rather go for slightly underpowered and flavour than overt damage.

As for the thrown weapon thing, I was just focusing on the "archer only" thing from the original PrC as they had to have a few feats as prereq's one of which was weapon focus bow, so theoretically it could work perfectly for thrown weapon characters, but for now im happy with just focusing on the bow stuff :)

Also have you considered giving them the ability to manifest this ranged ammunition w/o a weapon on hand? Something like 1d4 force damage as a finesse thrown range weapon with 30/90 feet range that becomes 1d6 at 17th. It doesn't boost their damage, but allows for flexibility.

The rest of what have is pretty neat. A little complex in some spots, but not 3.5 artificer complex so we're good. Either way good shot at trying to capture an iconic class.
I'll try and cut down on complexity as I do want to keep it as simple as possible. Thanks Gr7mmBob & NinjaPrawn :) Edit to original post coming soon.