View Single Post

Thread: Ranger Archetype Arcane Archer (PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Ranger Archetype Arcane Archer (PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by Gr7mm Bobb View Post
    For the force arrows, this is how I would do it.

- When using ammunition the enhance arrow feature is still applied.
    - When using conjured ammunition, you deal 1 dice size higher at 11th and 2 at 17th. I would be very careful with handing out d12's to things like a blowdart gun or even shortbows. Dice size bump is a better scale without outright breaking items.
    - If you would like to reword the player for still using ammunition then I would have the enhance arrow feature become a d6 at 17th level.
    I am trying to recommend things that allow the player the potential of more damage while having the table less busy with attack rolls.

As far a the capstone is concerned I like both of the options. When I look at the EK and AT, they both have funny tricks that they can do in addition to gaining spellcasting. Why not have the second option you have listed be an incremental gain as the class progresses? For spell selection I would suggest Divination magic and spells that require an attack roll with the usual freebie spell style like the EK and AT get. Maybe since its a half caster offer a +1 to the unlimited choice spell.
    Changed Force arrows now to be original bow damage but with extra attack as bonus action. I like the extra attack as its in line with some of the hunter features and one extra roll I don't think will make things too busy. Changed Enhance arrows to include the option 2 cap, really like that now, good suggestion :)
    Also axed the spell list in exchange for the divination & evocation choices, with free school choice as EK & AT +1 as suggested. Are you sure about divination? Maybe Transmutation and Evocation? Actually I think I like that better, changed it to Transmutation and Evocation. They can always pick up Div spells using the 4 free school choice ones if they want. Transmutation seems more flavourful I think.

Ok, what do you think now? Thank you again for your help in refining this :)
    Last edited by Ghost Dragon; 2015-07-25 at 09:03 PM.