1. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Peril and Fame (IC)

Spoiler: Previously...
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarion Xid View Post
    Vai and Alessandra
    Underbridge

The first of the children, a girl of maybe seven, stretches out her grubby little fingers. "Make it a silver piece for each of my friends. You're rich and I'm not stupid," she snaps. "You want to know where the Tower Girls are hiding out, don't you?"

The urchins here were certainly street-wise.

"There's an abandoned Shrine to Sarenrae that way." She gestures south-east, toward the cliff, where you see a winged statue peeking out over the rooftops. "They're holed up there."

((The children give you the information regardless of if you pay, or how much you pay. There are five of them. Obviously, should you wish to foster a good relationship with the little scamps, you should tip them.))

It's a short walk to the shrine, a small building, vandalized and in a terrible state. All of the windows have been boarded up and the front door appears to be barricaded. While some of the work (charitably described as fortifications) seems to be fairly recent, there's no sign of life within or without.

Vai and Alessandra
    Underbridge

Vai smiled at the girl's boldness, returned the silver piece to her purse, and pulled out four silvers and a gold crown. She flipped a silver to the children flanking the ringleader, and the gold to the girl who had spoken.

"Divide that however you wish. And should anyone come looking for me, be sure to let me know. I'd be...very grateful."

Pushing herself back to a standing position, Vai nodded towards Alessandra to get her attention from her book.

"It looks like we near the end of our quest. I hope you're as excited as I am."

Vai's excitement proved a bit premature, as her face well conveyed as she examined the ramshackle headquarters the children had pointed them towards. However, her dismay only lasted for a moment, and setting her shoulders she strode forward to the barricaded door and began pounding her fist against it with surprising strength for such a lithe build. As the pounding continued, she called out in Varisian.

"I am Vai Merejan, daughter to Esmara, of the clan Merezani of the River Kingdoms. I come with my mother's blessing to speak with Terisha Skiloni!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy to impress the urchins: (1d20+14)[25]

Diplomacy to get let in by the Tower Girls: (1d20+14)[33]
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2015-07-29 at 05:06 AM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!