View Single Post

Thread: Weapon Reliance [Flaw]

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Weapon Reliance [Flaw]

This came to me as I was thinking about the backstory of one of my newer characters...

Nathan Graves only had one "toy" his entire childhood--a longsword, nicked from a dwarven mark during his time as a cutpurse. The blade was comically large for the boy, but he loved it dearly, and became formidable in its use.
    As he grew, he found it harder and harder to wield, often remarking that it was "too small" for his body size. Imagine his delight when he found a zweihander in a general store years later.

FLAW: WEAPON RELIANCE
    You only learned how to wield a certain weapon--as such, you face difficulty trying to adjust to new ones.
    Effect: You select a specific weapon type. You use this weapon normally. When you use any other weapon, you take a -2 on attack and damage rolls. This stacks with a non-proficiency penalty, if applicable.
    Special: You may only gain this flaw at first level, even if your DM normally allows flaws to be taken past the time of character creation.
    In addition, the feat you gain for taking this flaw must pertain to the weapon in question--for example, if you had Weapon Reliance: Greatsword, you would be able take Weapon Focus: Greatsword.

Edit: Had a thought. (Rare for me, just go with it...)
    I think I'll add a Ranged/Melee thing, because the more I think about it, a -2 to every single other weapon in existence is pretty heavy. Also, the flavor I was going for isn't quite like that. Opinions?
    Last edited by ExHunterEmerald; 2007-02-06 at 06:11 AM.
    Terrence Randall and the Kinslayer by NEO|Phyte
    Dencamp Bertrande takes a bow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Terrence Randall by The Stoney One

Rennac Belnades by Lord Iames.