View Single Post

Thread: Thanqol Learns To Draw Five: Polymath

1. - Top - End - #118
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Thanqol Learns To Draw Five: Polymath

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Dude, just wanted to tell you that you're awesome for keeping on doing this for so long.
    Thanks! It's amazing where spite can get you.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Yeah, been a long week for me too. I like the last sketch on the latest image. Got some good movement to it.
    Thanks, that method is really surprisingly fun and gives good volume and motion so I hope to make it my default.

Quote Originally Posted by Artman77 View Post
    Thanks for posting a link to that video. It had some good suggestions and wasn't overly long. (I find it frustrating to watch a 40 min video for only one or two helpful tips)

In response to the "No one accepts my challenge" statement:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Ante: UGLY ACTOR

...I was going to type 'round one', but I realized we didn't set any ground rules. Real ugly people, or ugliness from the imagination? What constitute ugliness? Someone I might find ugly you might find attractive, or vice versa.
    Awright! You're on!

As far as the definition of ugliness: It's actually a flippant definition and challenge to artists who get caught up in drawing a very narrow type of Hollywood or anime style generic prettiness. I'm generally interested in people with unusual, craggy and unmistakable features - not necessarily ugly but definitely unusual. Minorities that don't fit in the smooth-skinned, clean cut action hero image. Africans, old people, and fat people often have really interesting faces that I think are under-represented artistically. I prefer looking at them to young, smooth skinned generics. This guy, or this guy, or this guy.

If I had to re-flippant it, it'd be 'someone with a nose that couldn't be drawn as a simple triangle'.

Day 1551: What Time Is It?

Finished this. Lighting is all over the shop but that is a challenge for another day.

Links

Music: It's Muffin Time
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2015-08-22 at 04:38 AM.