Firstly, I've changed axiomatic smite to only grant d8's of damage. Now on to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnoriath View Post
1. But of course it eventually does but lets just keep the basic recovery for argument's sake. At every short rest you are probably recovering a 2nd level slot even if you don't have max charisma because of carry over. By the value of slots it is better than Arcane Recovery and if you keep to 1st level slots this is better than the Sorcerer's because unless he is a really lucky Wild Magic Sorcerer the only kind of recovery of points doesn't happen until level 20 for them which is still less than a max Charisma.
2. In comparison to what? A Beastmaster can get 5 decent attacks off rather consistently and still has the versatility/skill of the Ranger. I am not saying it couldn't be better but there is a difference in making something that is more competitive and/or easier to play right in the general potential of the party as well as the tiers and making something that utter blatantly steps on someone else. The latter is what the Cavalier does as not only does it double the effective actions outside of attack but you can summon new ones with either no action cost to you or one of your attacks. The options in which can easily amount to a double move with a 2d12+56 damage for one of your attacks.
3. It isn't a matter that it is underpowered by the numbers just that given you have these high numbers and options it can cancel some of your effective options to incentivize enemies to pay attention to you. After all if your AC equals that of the highest in the game your disadvantage effective cancels disadvantage against others since engaging doesn't necessarily mean attack.
1. You are correct, but after you replenish that 2nd level slot for 5 honor points, that would be the only perk you would get from that short rest: 1 second level spell slot. Furthermore, assuming you were drained of honor points before this point, you now have no honor points to spend on all your other class features. The option is available when you really need the spell slot, but it shouldn't be used for anything besides an emergency situation where you need a specific second level spell.

Even still, maybe I'll make a role that says you can only replenish one spell slot of each level per day.

2. Okay, I'm curious now. How'd you get the 2d12+56 damage? That type of damage should be limited to once or twice per encounter, and even then should be practically limited to once per encounter, being the equivalent of a high level spell's worth of damage.

3. That's a good point. Still, I'm not sure what I should have the capstone be. A health buff (like suggested by others here) might be good, but it'd have to be a really large one, considering you are playing the ultimate enemy magnet with the Sentinel.