View Single Post

Thread: Request a Homebrew: Thread 3

1. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 3

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    C. 1152
    Would an undead with this class suffice? See: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...64&postcount=8
    No; the name is based on the fact that most beings trying to become one need to trust their partner who is performing the ritual on them a lot, to the point that they often form pacts with one another to, essentially, not make a "mistake" in the ritual and destroy them instead of empowering them. It does not (usually) involve pacts with extra-dimensional forces.

EDIT: Well, besides the one that contains the instructions for the ritual, but there aren't any new ones formed, nor is the old one directly involved.
    This appears to be an epic level creature.
    Indeed. Is there something wrong with that?
    CL 21 seems a bit excessive. Create greater undead can be cast by level 15. What CR are you aiming for?
    I actually wanted a template to be applied to an undead creature that meets the (very heavy) prerequisites (some of which were mentioned in the request, but others can be added if the person making it wants to.) It should have a high CR adjustment, though I'm not sure how high. Anywhere from +5 to +10, I guess.
    The problem I have with this is the requirement that it requires 2 undead creatures to create. The corpse of an undead creature could be resurrected, so I would suggest that creating this would be an evil act. Did you have any particular creatures in mind?
    You seem to be misunderstanding. This doesn't destroy them both, or combine them, or anything like that; it merely requires one powerful (read: Epic) undead spellcaster to be the subject of a ritual (outlined very briefly in the request) that can only be performed by another (equally powerful) undead spellcaster (both typically being liches, though other types are possible.) That said, the ritual is so blasphemous that merely knowing how the details would melt the brain of a living creature out through their ears and tear their soul into several pieces (hence why only another undead can perform it) so heck yes it's an Evil act!
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2015-09-08 at 02:03 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.