1. - Top - End - #22
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Good, by any means nessecary? Alignment question.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    But here's another wrinkle. A lot of those rules go out the window when dealing with inherently Evil beings, such as Outsiders. Straight-up murder of them, by some sources, is considered a Good act. Having the (Evil) subtype, again according to some sources, grants others carte blanche to do basically whatever the crap they want to you. This seems, and is, somewhat contradictory, in that one would think that it's the actions, and not the targets, that define the alignment result, but that's logic, and this is RAW.

So, long story short? It depends.
    Yeah.

I would say that it's more Red vs Blue than Good vs Evil or Law vs Chaos, but even that is too generous, because I often have no way of actually telling whether someone is on the Blue or Red side by pointing to the canon sources. For example, we're told that Mialee is Chaotic because she's devoted to mastering her art, but that Ember is Lawful because she's devoted to mastering her discipline. Those are the same things, PHB!
    Last edited by LudicSavant; 2015-10-26 at 09:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProsecutorGodot
    If statistics are the concern for game balance I can't think of a more worthwhile person for you to discuss it with, LudicSavant has provided this forum some of the single most useful tools in probability calculations and is a consistent source of sanity checking for this sort of thing.
    An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds | Comprehensive DPR Calculator | Monster Resistance Data

Nerull | Wee Jas | Olidammara | Erythnul | Hextor | Corellon Larethian | Lolth | The Deep Ones