1. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: How to Rend Fiends and Immolate People: A Guide to Sorcery

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Mage hand can save you a lot of damage from traps, among other uses it may have. It is no wonder that the AT has it. That alone makes it dark blue imo, if no other party member has it ofc.
    We will continue to disagree on this. I have made my feelings known.

I also think levitate should be purple at best. Given that a sorcerer has a very limited selection of spells, why should one pick levitate when he can pick fly?
    To add to Ogre Mage's comments, when Levitate becomes available, you can't pick fly.

Also, I cant help but feel that invisibility should be sky blue. This spell has a unique effect and it can be a real difference maker in many situations.
    It is not a unique effect. Greater Invisibility has the same effect, but much better. That's why it is blue.

Subtle spell can also account for surprise round in certain situations, but also for protection against counterspell, if I am not mistaken. If my thoughts about subtle and counterspell are correct, then it has a use no other feature I can think of has.
    That is entirely up to the DM, and as such is outside the scope of this guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre Mage View Post
    I was wondering about Quickened Spell. Conventional wisdom is that this is an essential pick and for gishes and blaster sorcerers it certainly is. But for more of a control-oriented sorcerer like myself it seems ... solid but perhaps not essential. So I didn't take it. Is there is something that I am missing?
    Sharkforce nails it. Quickened spell can free up a lot of actions that are not casting a spell, and so many controller spells in the Sorcerer list rely on using an action. Quickened allows you to continue casting spells while simultaneously controlling the major effects that you've put into play.
    Last edited by EvilAnagram; 2015-11-14 at 08:46 AM.