R7T19.5: Paxre has no illusions that he can take out the big one. And with too many enemies in the other room, it's not likely he can even take out one rat ... or that it would matter if he could. He uses his cloak of darkness (still active) to sink back against the stone. "No way I'm going in there. Gamma, some healing coming your way. Send it where you can. Get out of there."

As the healing comes his way, Gamma circles it around towards Alpha (9 PE), trying to get him back up. "We're not getting out safely. There's no way I can run out well, although you, Delta, and Beta stand a chance. The only way I could escape is if we break their morale"

Alpha regains consciousness, and "hears" the above.

R7T19: Gamma continues to get gnawed upon by rats for 2.

R7T9.9: The wererat that felled Omega starts and hisses in pain as he takes 7 mod in his upper left arm and Muhrbala - appearing - flies up out of reach. This wererat is beginning to look winded - definitely in the red.

R7T9.7: The wererat that was facing Gamma - even though in the muck - makes a brilliant tumble out of Gamma's reach onto the south side, past Delta, and is now flanking Delta with Girrigz and hamstrings the half-elf for 9, and putting Delta in the red. (Red means last 1/4 hit points ... not negative hit points.)

End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ...

R8T27: It is as bad as it could be - cruel timing. No sooner does a wererat come in with a good flanking strike on Delta, than Girrigz takes advantage of this and stabs Delta deep in the stomach with his silver rapier. It is a sharp pain that quickly dulls as the wererat leader runs Delta all the way through to the hilt. His hate-filled eyes look deep into the half-elf's own. Girrigz almost bites for spite but stops and sniffs for a second. "Too bad. It seems I already sealed your doom with my last bite."

Delta's excellent mind has trouble understanding this until his last thought is that had this mortal wound not occurred, he would have been reduced to a wererat's miserable existence. It goes dark, and the Epsilon Elite's de facto leader is gone.

Gamma's compassion and fortitude can only take so much. He receives the psychic feedback of Delta's passing as the loss of life continues. Gamma loses 4 pp (power points) and he he reels in shock (sickened, sheet updated except for ability check modifiers).

"You!" Girrigz points to the sniper. "Drop it, draw it, and get in it!"

R8T20.5: The former sniper does just that. He drops his crossbow, and rushes down and leaps across the muck while drawing his short sword. Gamma manages to swing and hit him but for no effect. Likewise, the wererat can't get past Gamma's armor.

R8T20.3: Alpha, now that you are awake, what do you do? A wererat is right next to you (and probably doesn't yet realize you have regained consciousness), and Girrigz is 10' from him. Delta lies in-between them, and from the shock of his rictus, wide-open eyes, and dilated pupils, you are pretty sure that your friend is gone. What do you do?

Gamma on deck, Beta in the hole ...

Spoiler: Battle Tracker
Show

Girrigz: 27. Blur. Shield of Faith +3. Flanking Delta w/ RWR4.
Shrieker: 25.9.

Wererat #3: 20.5. Crossbow w/ half-cover. Bolts (16:20), crossbow loaded/ dropped. Gamma.

Alpha: 20.3. Saved vs. shrieker. PRONE.
Gamma: 20.2. WR3. Swarmed by RS#2. SICKENED til end R12T27!!!
Beta: 20.1. Has Wererat #1's short sword. He will develop filth fever in 2 days. 10' from Layl.

Reinforcement Wererat #1: 20. (26:26). Saved vs shrieker. Adjacent to Gamma.
* POISONED/ ASLEEP!!! Check for 2nd frequency at end R15T9.9.

Reinforcement Wererat #3: 19.9. (11:26). Was face-front w/ Gamma, but on N side of stream now.
Reinforcement Wererat #2(Layl): 19.8. (22:26).
Wererat #2: 19.7. (5:26).
Paxre: 19.5.
Rat Swarm #2: 19. (21:27). Gamma.
Wererat #1: 18. (-11, 15:16 CON). No short sword.

Muhrbala: 9.9.
Reinforcement Wererat #4: 9.7. (26:26). Flanking Delta w/ Girrigz.

DEAD: Dire rat (2). Rat swarm. Delta, Omega.