Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
as long as you aren't creating golems by enslaving an elemental (which is intelligent) and forcing it inside. How on earth people are allowed to get away with that and not call it evil i don't know. thankfully there are other ways to create a construct, i think.
Most non-Golem constructs are harmlessly powered by pure magic.

Golem magic immunity is my least favorite rules argument. And that they're unnecessarily powered by elementals is next in line. I like to think that the folks who made all this up to begin with just didn't make the connections between sapience, sentience, and free will. That non-humans were made to be non-persons by the rules themselves never sat well with me. I suspect that's part of why i favor playing "monster" characters so much myself.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowrocket View Post
Why use a construct at all when you could have an earth elemental theoretically made from adamatinee as it is a part of the earth? Basically a robot with additional free dr.
Even if we could be so specific then you're still saddled with a minion who has a mind and free-will and alignment entanglements. Generally speaking it can be difficult to do away with all three of those factors as thoroughly as you can when commanding a Construct.