Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
It's not the first time I brought up a quote which I didn't want to be included, though it's been a few years since the last time I did it....
If by "few years" you mean "several months".
Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
On the flip side, I believe that the Giant's non-response to a stupid, offensive, and just plain inaccurate analogy should NOT be added to the index. Indexing the Giant's post locking that thread would merely give more view to the post that the Giant didn't want to dignify.
I didn't mention it before (beyond a general comment about one-sided-nos on a different quote) because, frankly, it's a minor inconvenience to me; I simply can't assume the initial mention of a quote has implicit support (which is what I do if someone posts a link without any commentary of their own). I don't maintain the Index for my own convenience

But when you're agreeing with someone who's concerned over the inclusion of a quote that no one's wanted included, which was only brought up because you brought up....It seemed an appropriate time to mention the trivial impact to me.

Also, I see "unconvinced but unsure" as an entirely different matter to "don't include it". The former I can see value in bringing up in case others are more certain; the latter...well, historically we haven't had problems with quotes finding supporters, if supporters exist.