Such behavior Russia has exhibited is typical of those who espouse the virtues of 'Freedom'. Let us ask Russia this: why does their government wish to embargo ours? Ideological differences aside, we are not a threat to you. Your people are content with Freedom. Our nations are separated by miles of independent states and a mountain pass, making a military invasion impractical for both of us. And embargoing us does little to hurt the Shoshone, who you appear to see as the bigger threat. So then why go after us?

It is simple: spite.

Our most recent proposal has been to bring Order to the world, similar to how the tenants of our religion have spread far beyond our borders, has angered Russia. They see that the number of states that choose embrace Order currently outnumber those that value their Freedom, and it intimidates them. And rather than do their best to get the people of the world to vote against the proposal, they decide to prove themselves to be hypocrites by proposing to stifle the free market they value so much in a transparent attempt to divert our votes away from our own proposal. While it is indeed a clever move, it is an underhanded one that goes against their own beliefs.

We are simply doing what Russia most likely would have done themselves, were they able to. The only difference is that unlike them, we do not claim that we are helping the people free themselves from oppression while punishing those who have dared to liberate themselves from the tyranny of the burjwazy. Such behavior is what led to the uprising against the sheikhs in the first place, and the exile of our former ruler. Whether you are actually sheltering him or simply are refusing our request on principle, it is clear that you agree with them on how our people should be treated, which is disheartening to say the least.

Spoiler: The Celts (Zevox)
Show
It should be obvious why I'm doing this, but I do not want to be embargoed. What will it take to dedicate your votes towards keeping me from losing my trade routes? After all, I am currently sinking quite a bit of money into you for the last votes: I think we can maintain a friendly correspondence.

Spoiler: Babylon (Necro)
Show
If you have not already dedicated your votes to Russia's aid, what is your current plan in terms of voting? Will you consider voting in our favor on one of the issues in exchange for something?