Quote Originally Posted by Pinjata View Post
This ENTIRE post is so on the spot. Thanks sooo much :)
Thank you. The thing I wanted to say is - it definitely isn't 100% ok, so it's fine to get bored if they don't play what you would like - at least sometimes.

However, it took some time to accustom my players to think like that. It helped that most of them loved the idea from the start (e.g. the barbarians learning chess, our fencer always requesting a bath whenever she enters a pub, with the barbarian going to bathe second purely for hygienical purposes, the barbarian learning to use fork and knife just so he can freak out the second barbarian...)...

What I can suggest is: try to remind them of their armour being bloody, banged-up, their weapons having teeth and themselves having slept on the ground for few weeks. Ask them if they want to go to the public baths.

Even - try to get help from the GM. Ask him for "freeform" session (e.g. you are in town, nothing is attacking you, you have no quests, but lots of moneys to spend...). Get creative. Have fun.

Ask the PCs what/why/how they do. Try the "Theology" talk from Conan. Maybe they catch up.

If not... well, try to find a group that will like it. If you are from area with lots of people playing, it should be fine. And if you ever get to central europe, PM me - we'll think of something and I'm always looking forward to additions to my gaming table (especially the ones that really have to think whether they get the hydra sautee with white or black wine...) .