Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post

So, has anyone ever actually seen a player taken away from a PC for bad behavior?
I do it all the time. If a player is a jerk and disrupts the game I will take control of the character in a second.

Though this also counts for things like the player agreed to not be evil and 10 minutes later he wants to burn down a home for lost children just to get some XP. Then yes, I'll take control and say ''your character does not do that''.

I'll even go the route of when the player is just being silly and they want to ''pull on the beard of the kings dwarf guard..hehe'', that I will just say ''you don't do that''......or just stop them in the game..or have the action not matter...or just out right punish the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post

Philosophically, how do you feel about the issue? Who is in the right here? How should such a situation be resolved?
The DM is always right.

One of the DM's main jobs is to keep control of the game. So this is just part of that. The DM has too keep the game fun and exciting and interesting for everyone. The group is more important then an individual.