1. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords, Part I: Burnt Offerings [IC]

Shaking her head, Sheriff Nightrom says, "Still no excuse. You didn't even try to approach it honorably. However unasked for, however 'outclassed' you may have felt, it was a bar fight. Pure and simple. I don't know what kind of dunderheads you are used to dealing with, but the folk of Sandpoint are a perceptive bunch. I have a whole of witnesses ... a whole lot of them, that will probably attest to how you attacked with deadly intent from the get-go. The young lady there? Yeah, she looks to be no stronger than a scrivener compared to your bull-mastiff frame, and even she went with the spirit of the battle. Everyone noticed that what you did was crossing the line, even if you don't think so. So that brings us to ... what to do?

"See, we could do this the standard way ... the hard way ... and you get charged for assault with a deadly weapon, and that is a hefty fine and some jail time.

"Or .... or ... you could work it off. You all seem to be fairly smart - you all claim to be scholars of one sort or another - and at least two of you are warriors. We seem to have a problem with goblins. They attacked the town openly en masse a little while ago. Then, through the treachery of the brother of the proprieter of the Rusty Dragon, they slaughtered everyone at the Glassworks.. My team and I killed them, rescued her from her traitorous brother and locked him up - he since was hung - and then we struck the first major blow against the Thistletop tribe. We attacked and killed the forward sentries and their druid. Our next move is against the tribe itself. We lost our healer, and we know we need more power - and possibly more healing.

"I think we could commute your sentence from fines and jail time to community service ... in the form of helping me and my team end this goblin menace."
    Last edited by PSinger; 2016-03-06 at 09:58 AM.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn