View Single Post

Thread: IC Ljonarian Enigma: Tournament Chaos

1. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: IC Ljonarian Enigma: Tournament Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by aReallyGreatAxe View Post
    Glad to see a familiar face, Rowan is on his way to say hello to Ky (and maybe ask about his poor sick aunt in Mhiran) when the recklessly fast noble passes.

Rowan gives the Count's entourage a bemused look and continues on through the crowd, shaking his head and saying to the nearest person, "Happens every year. You think they'd learn."
    "That lot never does", replies a dwarf dressed in bright colours and has his beard twisted into funny twirls.

He looks around, half-hoping to find Ky, but there are far too many things going on to stay focused for long.
    Rowan almost thinks he was lost in the crowds he suddenly feels a tap on his shoulder. Turning his head around he sees Ky, who is grinning roguisly. "Rowan! Up early as always", he laughs, "Don't tell me some poor acrobat has broken their arm and you've been sent to patch them up? Have mercy on the poor souls, they'll need to have at least one functioning arm left for their show!"

Quote Originally Posted by Were-Conspiracy View Post
    Was that a glance of recognition for the parcel-runner? Maybe it wasn't my neighbor. Hopefully my accommodations with be returned soon...
    Then Alexander realizes he is half staring at the women in his moment of thought, which should be towards more immediate issues.

"Right then, chaps and dames, honorable and dishonorable as we might be. I believe the man told us to find our place".
    He has no authority here, but some habits are hard to break. Alexander heads to the fields, keeping ahead in order to claim the most central of them. He wants to be able to see the other combatants, with little concern over the crowds that may gather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Will I regret not thinking of questions? Well, I might as well trust him for now. "Understood," she says again, going to the far end of the field, setting her back against the fence, and drawing her sword.
    The warriors take their places and at Barden's mark, the mage's draw their wands and start casting the summoning spells. Alexander's first opponent is a mean looking wolf with black fur and red glowing eyes. It growls and lowers its head. In front of Aerin appears a red scorpion of her own size, its stinger twitching dangerously.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Alexader and Aerin, roll initiative. If you beat you opponent, you can go right away.
    Wolf: (1d20+2)[13]
    Monstrous scorpion: (1d20)[2]

Afraid I can't provide a map at the moment, but as you each have only one enemy I hope we'll manage for now. The summons appear 15 ft. from where you are, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Eglantine tapped her foot impatiently, squinting into the distance to look at the mages. She wasn't surprised to hear him warn about not attacking the summoners, people always looked for loopholes. She tapped her foot impatiently, waiting for Barden to finish talking. When he asked for questions she raised her hand and spoke. "Will you be letting me get back to Vindal soon? He needs his apprentices all working right now. I don't know if you've noticed, but most of us are pretty busy in town."
    "Yes, yes, lass, in a moment", he replies without turning to look at her. After he has signaled the fights to begin he gives her his full attention, smiling amiably. "Right, Vindal's delivery. What was it- Ah, of course, healing belts! Temples can never spare enough clerics to us. May I have a look?"
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-03-18 at 12:53 PM.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart