Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
Nope, but some of the class-mates may put it down simply to be contrary to Allison's expectations. Most of the people in that class are probably well aware that putting down a black or white rock is ultimately not going to amount to anything since the prof doesn't have any actual power to hand out As and failures as freely as that.

So it stands to reason that there are people who are putting down a white stone, not to say that they want an A, but to say that "I really don't want to cooperate with Al". Which isn't that surprising. Al has very little patience or respect for the viewpoints of others.
I can accept that there are a variety of reasons for people putting down a white stone, and even that a lot of people might go for it. Even that some might go for it out of spite. On the other hand, we've also had a number of people in this thread express that they would have gone for the black stone, so I find it rather ham-handed that the only people with a black stone are the guy who was forced into having one, and Alison.

I also think knowing that it won't actually impact your grade (because it totally won't) would encourage some people to take the "riskier" option, since they don't actually risk anything by doing it.