I played a one shot of Monster of the Week a few weeks ago, very good and exciting game. I had problems with AW previously, in particular it was difficult to understand the line between mechanics and narration. In MotW this is clearly distinguished and it helped me understand the AW system much better. Two critiques though, it's too easy to press the "I Win" button and get the automatic 12 roll, still not enough customization in the Playbooks.

Last year I was introduced to Savage World mostly in Deadlands. Fantastic system for the mystic, steampunk and wild west setting. SW as a system is alright, but has a few problems which gets in the way. The Card Initiative takes way too much time and slows a battle down to a crawl, though it does hit the West gambling theme well. It's cinematic, but in the exploding dice, not character actions. Also exploding dice happen much more frequently when the character has no or little skill (rolling d4) than their main abilities (d8 or d10), so you are less likely to be cinematic where you want to be. The exploding dice (especially d4) does add fun, but alot of uncontrolled wildness to the system without any mechanism to keep it contained or limited, in other words it gets too unpredictable.

I also got to play a couple of games of D&D 5E. I had abandoned playing D&D (WotC style) years ago and was reluctant with Mathfinder. But I like 5E so much that for the first time in 5 years I am GMing a D&D game. I like the simplified system which relies more on the group and GM than a long series of arbitrary rules. The Advantage/Disadvantage mechanism works real well to give player actions the control of getting the upper hand without all the huge modifiers of 3.x and Mathfinder.

I still run and play Fate games, though not nearly as often as I would wish. Fate is a great system for me to balance narrative and mechanics of character actions.