1. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2 Thread III: Keeping Up With The Karlings

Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
    As mentioned, you can still do things against your council's wishes. It's just that in doing so will cause them to become discontent for a little while. I think you may be focusing a bit too much on the term 'voting' which is...admittedly a mistake by the development team, because today when you think of voting; you think that "Okay, if there's enough votes yes, then this goes forward. If there's enough votes no, then it doesn't go forward."

that's simply not the case in Crusader Kings II.In Crusader Kings II, If the majority of the council disapproves of an action, then you can still go forward with it regardless of their opinion on the matter...They will just get annoyed at you. Unless maybe the council authority becomes full? I don't know about that far. I'm not personally sure what you can/can't do if Council Authority reaches full. It's never happened to me.
    Yeah, it's sort of like negative stability in EU; people have a huge and somewhat unreasonable aversion to it, but tyranny is just a number!

(It's a shame this wasn't introduced a couple expansions back, or the response would be "no, tyranny is a Way of Life")

Also, having just tried it, you can indeed defy the council vote even with Full Council Authority.
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2016-04-26 at 03:10 PM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu