Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
"So you're playing an assassin... which kind of assassin?"

By the way, could this be a fault of the system as well? Depending on the system?
Yeah, my next game (using Fate) bans assassin's as 'out of genre for steampulp/magical police', although I'm not against the idea of an Assassin's Creed style one as such, I just run more subdued games (e.g. I like Legends of the Wulin, but love Qin: the Warring States), a trait shared by my favourite GM. But if I do ever run a Wuxia or Anima game the 'acrobatic warrior' assassin will be encouraged, as it's in-genre (I mean ridiculously, there's just no question about it).

Quote Originally Posted by kyoryu View Post
Again, you're framing behavior that wouldn't work within the paladin code as "normal". The Paladin code is only really strict when it comes to the Paladin. It doesn't demand a lot from his companions apart from "don't be evil".
Also, Paladin codes almost certainly have intentionally placed loopholes (see Sir Osric in Dorkness Rising eventually going to 'fight evil' because the party has to do something he should stop). Paladins also probably have a sense of humour derived from this, and I suspect there will be jokes about 'falling' from pushing in line or taking the last slice of cake.