"That should suffice." the clerk says.

At the legal office, your lawyer says, "While I would encourage you to have a representative from our firm present to advise you, you will be expected to answer for yourself at the meeting. This service is indeed covered under your retainer at no extra cost and we are pleased that you now recognize the value of what you have enlisted with our service."

"As for the background check, we have anticipated that such would happen and are doing our best to ensure that the Guild doesn't discover anything incriminating from your recent troubles. However, it may be beyond our ability to suppress the fact that you recently were investigated for the Docks incident, and I'm afraid it would be highly irregular for you to bring a lawyer to a guild induction. You will need to be prepared to defend yourself on that one without our direct aid. Now then, are there any specific pieces to your early past that might come up in their search which we need to modify before they find it? Keep in mind that a background that is too clean would look highly suspicious, so there is a limited amount we can sway things."

"Ultimately, this is a city where its day-to-day business is run by guilds, organizations, and affiliations of powerful individuals. We recommend that you settle up your current legal issues, get yourself into a stable income position, and ensure that the last of the legal issues from the Docks incident have been resolved before you try a venture of that sort, but there is nothing about its nature which legally couldn't be achieved."

Spoiler
Show
indeed, your kind of pc is my favorite kind to dm, tbh. It takes more effort, but you and a couple others like you are a big part of the reason why AVB has been such a vibrant setting for over five years.

btw... I seem to have lost my link to your sheet. Please shoot me a pm with a new link and I'll try saving it again in a better spot.