Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
How do I put this...Sunset Invasion is useful for adding a whole lot of Fun to Western Europe. A location which has a tendency not to have Fun things happen to them like the Mongol Invasion or Great Holy Wars. It adds an invasion from the sea by a Fun group of people known as the Aztec Empire who come into France and Spain and Great Britain to cause lots of Fun to happen.

It's horribly ahistorical and is generally considered a blight, pointless, and dumb. My personal opinion is that it is kind of dumb, but it adds something to Western Europe that wasn't there before(and still isn't in India) and that is some big event or disaster that really shakes things up. However, Your Mileage May Vary.
Doesn't India get that Ghaznavid or whatever invasion very early on? The dude that appears in Afghanistan with some obscene amount of troops and storms around northern India beating people up. Plus the Mongol Empire, Ilkhanate, and Golden Horde can both get sidetracked and end up in your face.

I usually play with Sunset Invasion disabled, but that's because I don't play in Western Europe. England and France and Spain (Well, Brittania, Francia, and Hispania) are my end-game bosses, and if they're beaten up by feather-hatted weirdos, then winning isn't worth it.

In my opinion, playing in 867 removes the need for Aztecs. There are plenty of threats in Europe - vikings and Moors - that start out strong and just get stronger.