1. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2 Thread III: Keeping Up With The Karlings

Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
    I know at least one of the requirements is that you have to have at least 1 vassal which you don't seem to have in that screenshot.

the full requirements are:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Must not be at war, nor a prisoner,
    Must not be a repulbic
    Must be Christian, Zoroastrian or Jewish
    Must not be holding a feast already.
    Must have at least 1 vassal.
    Month must be October.
    25 gold
    100 prestige
    Ah! They must have changed that since last time I played.

I noticed that Erik apparently ousted the proper lord of the Realm; when the game starts Faste Gälta (the "historical" character) is still there, but is now just a courtier.
    This inspired me for Erik's backstory:
    He is basically a self-made count; After Faste's dad (somehow) managed to get independence, Erik realized that being stuck in dungville that is also independent without any possibilities to grow, just didn't fit his ambitious nature. Luckily for him everyone underestimated the "funny dwarf". He ousted Faste's father, and since there was no higher court to appeal to, quickly made himself Count.

The first of his line.

Now, he better find himself a good wife.

Spoiler: ...Well, she's just what the doctor ordered:
    Show

...And then swear fealty to the King of Sweden and start kissing behinds. Hopefully he will be made a Councillor AND get a Dukedom soon enough. Of course his main priority is his family. An orphan without heir is not a place to be. Just look at Faste...
    So, Breeding Ahoy!

Hopefully.
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2016-04-28 at 01:07 PM.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"