View Single Post

Thread: Whats your current group?

1. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Whats your current group?

I currently DM a campaign in a setting that started normal until I fundamentally altered some of the rules.

The world is essentially on a 1000 year timer and every millenia, a three-way war is fought between the civilized races, called the KSA (PHB and variants), the monster races, called the Ascendancy, and the "Gaian" races - being all animals, most magical beasts, all fey, and all striaght up elementals. Everyone knows about this war in advance and so spend the 200 years or so previous to the war "gearing up." The kicker is that just before the fighting starts, the "Ascension Virus" hits and all the unintelligent monsters go to at least average intelligence. Also the nature spirit "Gaia" awakes and makes all of her creatures likewise intelligent, as per one colossal Awaken spell. Then ensues what is essentially a 3-way battle for racial supremacy, the winner of which gets to be the dominant "group" for the next 1000 years.

The style of the campaign is military in nature, with all the PCs starting in the army. I have 3 in my group, which have been joined by 3 NPCs, at least for a while.

Currently 6th level.

PC
    "Krug" Half-Orc Barbarian 6 (half-orcs have 50% chance to join PHB or Monster side) - CG
    "Eric Benedict" Human Ranger 5, KSA Sniper 1 (homebrew PrC) - CN
    "Koth (clan)Darksteel" Dwarven Rogue 5, KSA Demolitionist 1 (same) - LG

NPC
    "Maranis" Elven Wizard 9 - LN
    "Tallomis Songlink" Half-Elf Bard 8 - CG
    "Shiimsa" Awakened Wolf Druid 4 - TN or NG, depending on how you look at it
    (Explanation about Shiimsa - The Gaian and KSA groups are at a sort-of truce. She's to help Eric out as animal companion while observing and gathering info for Gaia & co.)

I also DM a much higher-level game that started some time ago, currently on hiatus because the vast majority of the players are in another city. My details on the characters have been sketchy because some of them keep changing (see timmy pyromancer's post in the "things i'm not allowed to do" thread.)

This one was fun because the characters got to meet the BBEG 2 minutes in when they were level 1 and basically had to do what he said. He's after the dragon orbs, although after a lot of research the PC's were just more confused as to why. They've mostly figured it out now, as they close in on the "crunch time" for the BBEG (a Colossal+ Red Dragon - call me old fashioned - with enough flavor to be interesting, and even comical at times) so it's time for the "twist" when we get back to it over spring break/ summer break. If I can finish this campaign, I will be the first in my group to have done so.

level 15 at current.

PC
    Justin Case - Human Evil *something* clericy thing. I've never really been sure.
    Opti 2.0 - Paladin reincarnated as a -warforged scout- rogue/PrC thing (again, see timmy p's post) CG
    Kinteticus - Human Ninja 15 - TN
    (X)(not real name) - Sacred Martyr? Which is it that can't die for good? He's the one timmy pyro keeps killing. - alignment: all but two
    Edwin - Human evoker, dread necromancer, something something. Basically the undead master. Responsible for most teamkills so far. - NE
    (X)(not real name) - also a new character after an untimely demise, now a monk with a bunch of interesting "fist" feats. Started Cleric - NG
    Kothellion - Dwarven Duskblade/Fighter - NG

Finally, I DM in a campaign where the players have a year and a day to prove their innocence to the gods by recovering stolen items...it's complicated. And new - I haven't gotten to know these characters so well yet.

Level 3.

Fighter (now with uncontrollable lycanthropy, fun!)
    Transmuter (Human)
    Sorcerer (Human)
    Rogue (Halfling)
    Monk (Elf? Human?)
    Sorcerer (Kobold)
    Cleric (Human)

All basically good.

I play in three other campaigns.

One is a Ravenloft campaign, level 7 at present.

"Reyan Kempo" Human Rogue 2/Fighter 2/ Sorcerer 3 - CG (Me)
    "Stixus 'Twiggy' Sparkleleaf" Gnome Druid 7 - TN (Me)
    "Maje Terad" Human Sorcerer 7 - CG
    "Bobbis" (no relation to poster on this forum with that name) Halfling Rouge 7 - ?
    "Ignatius (forgot surname)" Human Cleric 7 - LG
    "(forgot complete name)" Human Paladin 7 - LG (and quite the ladies man)

The other is a Dragonlance game, level 10 now. I don't remember what the rest of the party is playing.

"Jadetarem" (most of my full casters bear this name) - Human Conjurer 3/ Master Conjurer 7 - CG ("Dispel That")

One is being run in, of all places, Hyrule. (don't judge us)

Can't recall the names. It's myself and one other player. I'm a paladin and He's a ranger.

Also, currently gaming in two modules.

Tomb of Horrors (yes, THE ToH - We're not dead yet!)

"Tieresias" Gestalt Ghaele/Wizard 9. - CG (me)
    "Bob" (player ran out of creativity) Gestalt Human Fighter/Rogue 9. - CN

and a Dragonlance module - some kind of library/academy thing.

The names escape me, but the thing is dying anyway.

So yeah, our group is pretty feckless, which is why I'm in 8 or so games now. We still have fun, though, and that's what's important.

Not sure that that's what you meant, but I was bored and I'm pretty sure this answers your question. Quest on!
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2007-02-27 at 02:31 AM.
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.