1. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight Warrior Base Class (with alternative casting system) [PEACH]

Zeek0, so good to hear back from you. Your points are spot on, and I agree with your reasoning. I think with this addition of the cantrips, which you cleaned up to perfection, the class will be in a very healthy place. I will be happy to playtest these changes and report back when I can.

The note on allowing for mixing and matching sun/moon weapons/shield is intriguing- suddenly you're gaining solar for attacking and lunar for shielding someone, or if you're duel wielding you would gain one solar and lunar for swinging with both weapons, cancelling each other out unless you use your path's ability to convert an additional point.... plus one more point for shielding. Hmm. Suddenly this would make the point conversion of each path REALLY relevant, as if you can attack and shield to gain points with the same type of celestial energy, you can swing your points total by 3/round in your chosen direction. An unintended benefit of such a change, maybe, but worth exploring further, for sure.

One final note just for clarity, I assume that when one has an even number of points they can cast both kinds of cantrips, but either way that's something to make sure to include your ruling on when updating the pdf. This does have the odd effect of making the class more versatile on levels where it has 2 and 4 celestial points, but ah well.

The pleasure has been mine, I'm almost sad to see the class reach such a nice balance point, as that means I don't get to discuss and research the matter as much. I've been raving to all sorts of people, including non-players, about how cool the class is both thematically and mechanically. Been fun for sure.
    Last edited by DeanHavok; 2016-08-21 at 06:19 PM.