Hello again,

I've looked into allowing lunar weapons and solar shields... and I think that it won't work, in part for the reasons you specified. Also, I think that thematically a solar weapon/lunar shield is powerful, and it gets awfully diluted if I allow superfluous options.

I do see that the class becomes more versatile when one has two or four celestial points. I'd like to smooth this over, but I'll need to think more on how it works. Although, if a lunar-energy-sided TW wanted to cast light, they would only need to locate the moon for a moment.

Thanks again for being my play tester. I'd like you to keep something specific in mind: how do the cantrips feel?

I think that the half-casters we have in existence now have a good reason for not including cantrips: it changes the feeling of the class. A ranger that can cast thorn whip or a paladin that can cast produce flame feels different from a ranger that only uses ranged attacks or a paladin that only strikes with their blade.

My concern is that the addition of cantrips is mechanically balanced and thematically sound, but changes the class into a sometime blaster, or blurs their party role too much. For a class that focuses symbolically around summoned weapons, it may be a problem. Let me know if my concerns are founded in actual play.

The pleasure has been mine, I'm almost sad to see the class reach such a nice balance point, as that means I don't get to discuss and research the matter as much. I've been raving to all sorts of people, including non-players, about how cool the class is both thematically and mechanically. Been fun for sure.
You say the sweetest things.

I'll be making more homebrew in the future, so you can keep an eye out. I've looked for homebrew by yourself, and I don't see any - if you put something out I'll try to be as kind and effective as you were for me. Thanks Dean.