Re: Elan singing: Elan is singing about his new number of base skill points per level; bards went from 4 to 6 in 3.5. He is not actually gaining any skill points, because skill point gains aren't retroactive, and he is not taking into account his Intelligence penalty because, as noted, he's bad at simple math.
--------------
Quote Originally Posted by Simon
I submit that Haley is not, in fact, using Manyshot in #168. Look below Haley in the panel where she shoots Samantha, and you'll see

fft! fft! fft!

which I think signifies three distinct shots. So Haley could be only an 8th level rogue.
You are correct. The three arrows are fired so that they are staggered; this is a Rapid Shot attack with a BAB between +6 and +10 (Two shots at full BAB-2, one shot at BAB-7). A Manyshot would have shown all three arrows even with each other, and only made one sound effect.
--------------
Quote Originally Posted by Kevlimin_Soulaxe
I think the reason why the Mindflayer chose Roy over V is that Roy has a very nice blend of Intellgence, Wisdom, and Charisma. He is fairly smart, doesn't make exeptionally poor choices, and has enough Charisma to recruit this band of adventurers and keep them together. Eat that all you one high one low stat cop-outs!
Correct. V has a higher Int, but has a moderate Wisdom and a poor Charisma (shouting about your arcane power all day is not the way to make friends). Roy has a very good Int, a very good Wis, and a decent Charisma. Thus, he's the most filling meal.
--------------
Quote Originally Posted by IonStorm
1. Since V can cast spells in lizard form without somatic components, but with verbal ones, s/he must have the silent spell feat.
In OOTS land, you just need to be able to speak the name of the spell to count as a verbal component. It doesn't matter what language that name is in. V is speaking Lizardese, but he can still say "Feather Fall". He does not know the Silent Spell feat.

Quote Originally Posted by IonStorm
2. V does not have the following spells in his/her spell book or is of insufficient level to cast them with the above metamagic feat .
Cantrips are cantrips, not spells. V cannot cast spells of 7th level or higher as far as we have seen. And so far, all teleportation spells have been suspiciously absent from the elf's repetoire. The rest, just aren't in his spellbook yet.