1. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zaydos Expands on Past Work - Playgrounder Caricatures Edition

Quote Originally Posted by PapaQuackers View Post
    All the better, though I may have to adapt it to fit into Pathfinder since that's what I usually play. But I've looked over your Freelancer class before and besides its devilish complexity I think it's an excellent homage that could definitely work as the class of a main villain or an adorable side character.
    I will admit that Freelancer is actually too complicated for me to sit down and grok what it can do which is the main reason I don't trust it; that and it is MAD and my mind calculates things at the SAD max stat which while theoretically possible for Freelancer (they're split stat casters so that even at their SADest they're only as SAD as a Favored Soul, this was an intentional limiter on their casting), it's impossible to have in the combinations my mind goes to (as they'd require +2 racial bonus and level up bonuses). So yeah I have paranoia about Freelancer and I don't really think it's all justified rationally but... it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by caledscratcher View Post
    Hurrah! My weird old Cootie-themed homebrew finally got some use! Also, question about the Knight of Shivery: what are its class skills for a Boundlancer?
    I will say that it was definitely bizarre, and that I always forget that cootie-catchers are called cootie-catchers. As for the other It's been added. Climb, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana), Survival, and Swim.

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Ooh. I'll give permission.

I would tell you about myself but I'm actually more interested in what you'd make without that. Maybe that's something in itself.
    Step 1: STALKING!

By which I mean checking out any links in your signature and if I hit enough of a writer's block (unlikely as you have more of a forum 'persona'* so to say than most) going through posts you've made/threads you've started to actually find things like cootie-themed homebrew.

*By which I mean you have presented a strong, sort of exaggerated 'character' as the judge, contest runner, O-Chul. While I don't think this necessarily represents the you behind the computer screen any more than I really think that ALL SHOULD BOW BEFORE THE GREAT AND POWERFUL ZAYDOS, LORD OF DRAGONS AND ALL THINGS! It is quite mine-able for concepts and ideas.

Edit: I'm still stuck in Freelancer mode since my first idea is the Grand Judge Job. Don't expect this to happen, Freelancer jobs are a surprising amount of effort (Freelancer was a whole lot more effort than Dragonsoul Acolyte)
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-08-30 at 06:30 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)