I just found a document that I wrote way back when. It was what a character of mine was going to say to another player character because the kept casting calming aura, which is an area of efect spell that was aimed at enemies, but my character sucked at will saves. So I felt like my character, and by extension, me, wasn't getting to play the way my character would. My character was a fighter and kept getting sidelined by calming aura... When I read it to the other player, it got tense for a minute.

Spoiler
Show
-Illyana-
You have imposed your will and faith upon me for the last time. You have no authority over me. Although I am sure that you have the best of intentions, most of you young humans do, I will not let you dominate me in any way.
Your religion is yours, I will not adopt it as my own. You believe in the salvation of all sentient beings, I believe that the ultimate salvation of one’s being is that of a glorious death. That is what I seek, an opponent that will deliver me an end that befits a true warrior.
As for the gem, you will find it back with the others in Conrad’s possession. Let it represent the freedoms that you have taken from me in the past and let it be a symbol of the last time that you impose yourself on me. If you want me to respect your beliefs, you will have to respect mine. I would prefer if you would not try to influence my mind anymore and I will not be used as an implement to spread your religion.
Beyond that, I admire your spirit, but misunderstand your methods. The path that this party has embarked on could lead to the glorious death that I seek. I would like you to witness my glorious death so that you can better understand the strength of my beliefs.