Quote Originally Posted by arrowed View Post
The Inheritance Cycle's main plot isn't massively twisty, to the point where people accuse it of mimicking another franchise, so I doubt it'll be much more railroady than normal.
Me and my brother had a lot of fun once we discovered that the author had decided to write a science fiction series. I think we got as far as:

'A farm boy is trained to be a Smedi while saving a princess from the Soth Empire, and ends up destroying their superweapon. Unfortunately, a year later the Soth attack the rebels on the planet Hith, and the farm boy must travel to another planet to learn the ways of the Morce from a great master.'

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
I remember a video by Noah Antwiler, where he mentioned basing an RPG off of Babylon 5... with the twist that things would be just off a little. It was Babylon 5, but Babylon 5 where the main characters had been replaced by the RPG players...
That is the way to do it. It's why, the one time I played a Star Wars game, we were warned that the galaxy was different (although the only major deviation we came across was that a lot of Storm Troopers were still cloned on Kamino).