Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
As for Dungeon World, unless it's been significantly tweaked from the version of Apocalypse World I played (which doesn't seem likely, based on Friv's summary), it has a major tone difference from traditional RPGs: the expectation is failure, and plot progression by "failing forward." You will screw up fairly consistently, with nasty, nasty consequences throughout. Which can be fun, but it's a drastic departure from many other games.
IIRC, and I haven't played much AW so I could be wrong, Dungeon World tends to have much less punishing 7-9 results than Apocalypse World. The result is that while you're still getting a lot of mixed successes, they feel a bit more like successes and less like "not quite close enough".

As for your chances - you've got six stats, which start at +2, +1, +1, +0, +0, -1. Gaining levels gradually boosts those numbers.
Your +2 stat gives a 41% chance of full success, a 42% chance of partial success, and only a 17% chance of failure.
Your +1 stats give a 28% chance of full success, a 44% chance of partial success, and a 28% chance of failure.
Your +0 stats give only a 17% chance of full success, a 42% chance of partial success, and a 41% chance of failure.
Finally, your -1 stat gives an 8% chance of full success, a 33% chance of partial success, and a 59% chance of failure.

(That is all, of course, without getting advantages from aid or preparation, both of which can provide a boost.)

Whether you see the system as largely succeeding or largely failing will tend to depend on how hard your DM leans on those partial success results.